Conference Chairs Meeting, April 22, 2015

Recorded by: Debbi MacLeod

NLS Staff Present:

Richard Smith, Chief, Network Division
Vickie Collins, Head, Network Services Section
Pamela Davenport, Network Consultant
Paula Mamaini,
Joel Phillips,
Meredith Beckwith,

Network Chairs:

Debbi MacLeod, Western Conference
Craig Hayward, Southern Conference (not present)
Sharon Ruda, Midlands Conference (not present)
Marilyn Stevenson, Northern Conference (for Adam Szczepaniak)

NLS Updates:

12 people met last week for the NLS Futures meeting. Discussed was what will NLS, network libraries & their administrative agencies look like in 5-10 years. 4 scribes were tasked with taking notes and generated 22 pages which will be part of the NLS update at the upcoming regional meetings.

About half of the order, 200,000, of the 4 GB peach cartridges arrived in April and are starting to be shipped out. These will arrive in boxes of 400 not 300 and NLS will adjust the quantities accordingly. More details in the call next week. The second shipment of cartridges is expected in August.

An update to the write protection software is coming soon. Expect to see an operations alert perhaps next week.

Shipments for the peach cartridges brought to light how out of date the network database currently is. PLEASE update your library information in the NLS database.

Conference Chair Questions and Issues:

Western: Can you give us an update on PIMMS?

NLS Response: In working with Web/READS libraries an issue over security arose. This has been addressed and the work continues. The last Web/READS overseas library is being converted and then NLS will move forward with other network libraries.

Western: When will digital container labels be available from Multistate Center?

NLS Response: NLS did not know they were out of stock. A large order is being delivered to the recycling contractor so NLS can make sure that the Multistate Center has enough. They will check.

Western: When will boxes for recall be available from Multistate Center?

NLS Response: NLS will check.

Request from NLS: Libraries are encouraged to submit questions before the monthly teleconference so that NLS can have the right people present to answer the questions. Questions can be submitted to the conference chairs, the network consultant, or directly to Richard Smith.

conference_chairs_meeting_april_22_2015.txt · Last modified: 2015/08/24 20:14 by admin
Recent changes RSS feed